AraabMuzik shot in the face in Harlem!! #araabmuzik

Screenshot_2016-02-26-23-06-07-1

Producer AraabMuzik was shot in Harlem, N.Y. late Thursday night (Feb. 25), according to the NY Daily News.

The 26-year-old producer, born Abraham Orellana, is currently recovering in Harlem Hospital after getting shot in the jaw and arm. Reports say he was also grazed in the head.

James Malloy, a 32-year-old friend of Orellana’s, was also shot in the right leg and is currently in stable condition at St. Luke’s hospital.

The two were shot inside the ProPark America parking garage on West 125th St. at around 7 PM last night.

Sources tell the Daily News that they were just leaving a friend’s house when they headed towards the garage, where AraabMuzik jumped in behind the wheel of his friend’s BMW.

As they drove toward the garage’s exit, two men approached the car, and one pretended that AraabMuzik had dropped something, sources say. When the window was rolled down, shots were fired. Police found three .380 caliber shell casings at the scene.

The Daily News reports that the two suspects appeared to have taken a livery cab to the scene of the crime and then fled on foot following the shooting.

This is the second time AraabMuzik has been shot, according to police. In 2013 he was shot in his Providence, RI home during an apparent armed robbery.

AraabMuzik made his name as a Dipset affiliate before branching out into the EDM world and expanding his sound. In 2015 he told NPR, “I have so much music, it doesn’t make sense. I gotta just stop letting, you know, putting stuff out because not all of that stuff’s gonna be heard or get used. So I gotta cater to the fans and kind of put a lot of projects out and stuff like that. Like I’ma be working on an EDM project now. Real soon, I’ma put a little EP together. A lot of original stuff so that way these people can see that, you know, I can really do this.”

Read More: AraabMuzik Shot in New York, Currently Recovering in Hospital – XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/02/araabmuzik-shot-in-harlem/?trackback=tsmclip

Post to Twitter Tweet This Post

  • Share/Bookmark

Former UFC champion Kevin Randleman dies at age 44

Former UFC heavyweight champion and two-time NCAA champion wrestler Kevin Randleman has died at age 44.

mma_ufcspoilers_04

Sources told FOX Sports on Thursday that Randleman had been admitted to a San Diego hospital for pneumonia and later passed away due to heart failure. He had been living in Las Vegas.

Long before he was one of the most feared men in the Octagon, Randleman was already a legend on the mats during his years at Ohio State, where he followed in the footsteps of another UFC icon, Mark Coleman.

mma_randleman_576

Randleman was a fierce wrestler who captured two NCAA wrestling championships and was a three-time All-American.

Once college was finished, Randleman decided to follow Coleman into the UFC, where he would soon gain a reputation as one of the most powerful and explosive fighters in the history of the sport.

Randleman debuted in the UFC in 1999, and three fights into his career he was already the heavyweight champion of the world. Randleman defeated Pete Williams to win the vacant title and then went on to defend it against Pedro Rizzo in June 2000.

In 2002, Randleman ventured to Japan, where he became a fixture in PRIDE Fighting Championships, which is where he would spend the next four years while taking on some of the best competition in the world.

One of Randleman’s biggest moments came in a 2004 fight against Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, who was a massive favorite in the PRIDE heavyweight grand prix that year. Randleman floored the former kickboxer with a huge punch early in the first round before finishing the fight a few seconds later with some vicious ground and pound.

Randleman’s win is still considered one of the most shocking moments in the history of the sport.

From there, Randleman bounced back and forth between wins and losses for the remainder of his fighting career before his last bout took place in 2011.

Numerous fighters, friends and personalities from around the MMA community sent out condolences to Randleman’s family after news of his passing went public on Thursday.

 

Visit us at www.socialmenace.com for latest in underground fashion.

Post to Twitter Tweet This Post

  • Share/Bookmark